Relying entirely on your collectors for resources is extremely slow and oftentimes frustrating. Farming greatly speeds up your game progression by stealing the resources you need from other players.
- Make a choice and stick to it. Never try to farm and trophy hunt at the same time. If you are farming, trophies should be regarded as useless.
- Keep your town hall outside and unprotected. This will give you a free 12 hour shield and discourage trophy hunters from going after your resources.
- Outside of the getting started articles, most of the discussion will be around town hall 7+ since this is where the best farming is.
- There are loot bonuses and penalties based on your opponent’s town hall level
- Keep your storages as empty as you can—if you have to hold resources overnight or over multiple days, you become a more attractive farming target
- Plan to stagger your upgrades so that they end on days that are well spread out—you don’t want 3 upgrades finishing on the same day and suddenly have builders sitting idle due to lack of resources.
- Be selective about what bases you attack. Don’t be afraid to hit “next”.
- Look for exposed, full collectors. Occasionally, you will be able to farm significant resources without even touching storages
Related Articles and Advanced Farming